While we had exhibited you FAQs for re-confirmation of SIM as of now, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority today issued its official Standard Operating Procedures for SIM-Reverification, which should be trailed by all telcos to verify that all Sims are checked before April thirteenth, 2015.
Due date for Blocking Sims
- Starting immediately till 26thFebruary 2015
- Numbers to be re-checked: 3 or more Sims every CNIC every administrator
- Blocking Deadline: All un-checked number from this rundown will be obstructed on Feb 27th, 2015
- Starting from 27thFebruary 2015 till April 13, 2015
- Numbers to be re-confirmed: 1 and 2 Sims every CNIC every administrator
- Blocking Deadline: All un-confirmed number from this rundown will be hindered on April fourteenth, 2015
Confirmation of Sims
As per authority Sops from PTA, a duplicate of which is accessible with Propakistani, emulating will be the stream of SIM-revivification.
It would be ideal if you note that MSISDN in beneath content is otherwise called SIM Number. CMO is condensing for Cellular Mobile Operator
Confirmation of Primary number:
To begin with number of an administrator that you checked through BVS will be called as essential number of this specific administrator. Implying that, in the
event that you have three Sims of an administrator, then you will confirm your essential number with BVS and it will be labeled as essential number. Continue perusing to recognize what will happen with other two numbers:
- Customer should visit the retailer/franchisee/CSC of particular administrator, and might give his/her CNIC number alongside the MSISDN to be utilized as essential number for re-check through BVS.
- The deal channel might send CNIC number, MSISDN and related biometric certifications to the arrangement of separate administrator utilizing the “Re-Verification” interface.
- The framework might confirm the responsibility for MSISDN against the specific CNIC and check status whether the essential number is now checked or otherwise.in case the essential number is not confirmed through BVS, at exactly that point the framework should send the biometrics (thumb/finger impression) of the supporter of NADRA for verification. However, if the CNIC entered doesn’t match the MSISDN related CNIC number in the framework; the methodology will stop there and endorser might be asked to give right number or continue to Change of Ownership.
- Upon effective BVS confirmation from NADRA, framework should mark this MSISDN and CNIC blend as “Biometric Re-checked”.
- Message should be sent to the said MSISDN (essential number), both in English & Urdu, showing that this number has been “Biometric Re-confirmed”.
- However, if NADRA reaction is not fruitful, then the procedure won’t be executed further and a SMS will be sent to the essential number encouraging to contact the closest
Check of Remaining MSISDNS of Respective Operator
- Upon effective BVS Verification of essential MSISDN, the administrator should send a rundown of all different numbers (MSISDNS) of that administrator that are enrolled in the framework against the same CNIC through a SMS, to the essential number, from an assigned short code 789, following twenty four (24) hours and inside seven (7) days of his/her biometric re-confirmation.
- The supporter should need to react once more to that SMS inside forty eight (48) hours by sending those MSISDNS (numbers) which he/she consents to possess (considered as Re-confirmed) and erasing the numbers which he/she repudiates (Not checked). Log/substance of the SMS should be for all time kept up by the individual administrator for cross-confirmation/proof purposes.
- All such MSISDNS (numbers) sent over through return SMS by the supporter, might be considered as “Biometric Re-checked” also against the said CNIC number, gave they are as of now enlisted on that CNIC. Fruitful biometric re-confirmation messages, both in Urdu & English) will be sent to each of these numbers.
- Those MSISDNS (numbers) which were not sent over through the return SMS will be considered as “Abandoned” from that time and will be put through to the Disowned Numbers process.
- In case, no reaction is gotten from the supporter, an update SMS should be sent to the essential number. In the event that, no reaction is gotten inside 10 days, all different numbers with the exception of the essential number should be viewed as repudiated and treated according to Appendix-B.
- All such numbers sent through the return SMS for which the CNIC number in the database doesn’t match will be considered as “Not checked” and no move should be made.
- Following extra weighs might be consolidated in the framework to guarantee that the SMS answer is being sent by officially confirmed endorsers:
- Whether there was a 789 SMS sent to the Primary Verified number by the individual administrator or something else. If not, then the reaction SMS ought not to be considered for the re-confirmation of remaining numbers.
- If the reaction SMS is gotten from a number (MSISDN) which has not yet been essential re-confirmed through BVS; then the reaction SMS ought not to be considered for the re-confirmation of remaining numbers.
- Operators should redesign their database in like manner by putting same exchange ID i.e. of essential MSISDN against all ensuing confirmed MSISDNS for cross checking purpose. Complete trail of essential and remaining numbers checked in this way might be kept up by administrators and the information should be given to PTA as and when needed.
- 668 information at PMD should likewise be redesigned in like manner by concerned administrator inside 24 hours.
- Operators can likewise perform this methodology of re-confirmation of auxiliary numbers by showing remaining MSISDNS against BVS confirmed CNIC in coded structure (e.g. 03xx-xxxx234) and approaching the endorser for owning/repudiating the same. Be that as it may, this procedure should just be permitted at Customer Service Center (CSCS) of administrators.
- Alternatively, when an endorser approaches a deal channel for re-confirmation, administrators may ask all the numbers from client and food these numbers to the framework for performing check through BVS in one go. Some other numbers enlisted on that CNIC and not educated by the endorser should be abandoned. Then again, if this methodology is utilized, access of all numbers against un-checked CNICs should be hindered for franchisees for whole 91 days of the re-confirmation exercise.
- Operators may additionally convey out the re-confirmation of all numbers through the methodology give at Para 7(a) i.e. each one number being confirmed independently through a different BVS exchange. Numbers enlisted on CNIC of an endorser should not be shown at Franchisee and Retailers at any expense.
- Irrespective of the instrument utilized, administrators should verify through framework watches that the office is not abused by the deal channels by owning/repudiating numbers without the information/assent of the endorser and just those numbers are confirmed which are held against client’s CNIC only.
Change in Ownership for those Numbers that are not enrolled with Your CNIC On the off chance that essential number is not enrolled with CNIC of the manager, then no biometric check methodology will happen and client will be
solicited to move ahead with change from possession process, which is as taking after:
Once the unlawful client/manager of the SIM approaches the CSC/Franchise/Retailer, the SIM should be regularized through one additional confirmation (other than biometric enlistment SIM with particular CNIC) to find out that he/she is the genuine client of that specific SIM.
Change of manager procedure might be approved to Service Centers of administrators and they can get some information about often dialed numbers, energize history, last revive date, FNF numbers, and so on to affirm that client is in reality the holder of the SIM.
Administrators might guarantee that additional confirmation is done and proof is accessible to demonstrate the same, in the event of any consistent/necessity. The methodology of progress of proprietorship should be finished with prompt impact.
- In request to stay away from fake COO, it might be guaranteed that that SIM is physically exhibit with the client through any confirmation instrument, for example, a pin code sent to the client and entering the same before change of proprietorship, and so on.
- In case, retailer is approved for COO, CMO should guarantee that SIM is physically display with the client and additional check is brought out through a SMS dialog with the framework or some other instrument, for example, a pin code, and so on.
- Evidence ought to be accessible to demonstrate that additional confirmation was done by the retailer, if there should arise an occurrence of any grievance/necessity.
General Agreed Principles
- No new SIM deals should be made through Retailers and Temporary Outlets amid 91 days of practice so endeavors can be focused on re-check handle just. Besides, advancements of new deals at different channels might be minimized.
- CMOs should not offer any commission or motivator to deal channels for re-check.
- A uniform Re-Verification Fee of Rs.10/ – every CNIC should be charged from the endorser keeping in mind the end goal to dishearten abuse of the framework/process.
- CMOs should verify that New Sale, SIM Change, Change of Ownership and MNP is not permitted to a supporter till any of his/her current SIM, on a specific administrator, is un-confirmed through BVS.
- Clear/strict warnings, through formal correspondence, should be sent by all CMOs to their Sale Channels requesting that they follow the set down methodology else strict lawful move might be made against violators/abusers of the procedure. The errand is to be completed before begin of the re-check process/
- CMOs should be permitted to convey out booth/way to entryway exercises, for re-confirmation just, to encourage corporate clients/work places/colleges, and so on. Notwithstanding, CMOs should guarantee engagement they could call their own or franchisee staff for the undertaking. Suitable distinguishing proof archives (cards in the event of own representatives and approval letters/concurrences with CMO, if there should arise an occurrence of franchisees, might be made accessible) for cross checking purposes. Such offices should not be utilized available to be purchased of new Sims with the exception of in the event of uncommon circumstances in the wake of getting PTA’s authorization.
- All Sims that are not re-checked amid their particular stage i.e. 45 days for stage 1 and 46 days for stage 2, might be hindered after expiry of their individual due dates. Nonetheless, just those Sims that are enlisted on a CNIC having one and only SIM every CNIC every CMO and being used for at-slightest most recent two years may overflow. The overflow blocking period might be hinted later.
- CMOS might confine access to all numbers against un-checked CNICs for franchisees for whole 91 days of the re-check exercise.
- NADRA in cooperation with CMOs might advance an exchange methodology of re-check so as to encourage endorsers which can’t be checked through BVS because of any bona fide reason i.e. physical incapacity, ailment or maturity.